[BC] Top Ten reasons why IBOC won't make much difference...

Ron Castro ronc
Fri Jul 15 10:29:30 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Kline" <akline at netins.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [BC] Top Ten reasons why IBOC won't make much difference...

> And how many 8-track cartridges did a person have to haul around to equal
> the capacity of an iPod?

How big was your car?  They never reached capacity.

> The "do it yourself" option may not have been the easiest thing 40 years
> ago, but it's here now.  Portable CD players, mp3 players, satellite
> boom-boxes--all very real.

And all very expensive, unless you're using an illegal downloading service.
At $1 a song, how much does it cost to fill 30 GB at 192 kbps MP3? Probably
more than most folk make in a year.  CD's were and still are pretty easy,
and most cars have them installed, but you don't see much of an impact on
radio listening.

> The 8-track may not have been the hottest thing around, but pre-recorded
> cassettes did find something of a niche market...

Did you see radio listening drop during the 70's and 80's?  I didn't.

Ron Castro