[BC] Another dumb contest

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Jul 15 10:21:45 CDT 2005

Here we go again!!

http://www.radioink.com/headlineentry.asp?hid=129617&pt=inkheadlines

Woman Sues Over Radio Station's Toy Hummer April Fools' Prank

A listener is suing a California radio station she said promised her a new
Hummer H2 and instead gave her a remote-controlled model as an April Fools'
Day prank.

Shannon Castillo sued KBDS in Taft, CA, after it presented her the toy car
for winning a weeklong "contest" in which listeners were supposed to track
the number of miles two H2s traveled around town.

She said she hired a baby sitter for her two children so she could arrive
at the station at 6 am on the day of the giveaway, April 1. After she
waited for two hours, she said, a deejay pulled up in the back of a truck
and handed her and another listener remote-controlled toy cars.

"They put us on the radio all week long, just portraying how they couldn't
believe that we believed they were actually giving away real cars," said
Castillo. "I just couldn't believe that they would actually humiliate
someone like that."

Willie...