[BC] Cingular Wireless

Chris Gebhardt chris
Fri Jul 15 09:02:46 CDT 2005

JYRussell at academicplanet.com wrote:

>Yeah... I've been receiving text gobbledy gook and random Spanish
>tranxmissions on mine at off and on for a few weeks now.
>
>   I don't send anything out on it.. and these don't appear to be
>mis-dials....
>there's no name indicated for the intended receiver, etc.  so I wonder if
>they've also started getting a few hacks... which wouldn't help whatever
>other problems they've got (like, not sending the call but suddenly sending
>the voicemail somebody left because you didn't answer the original call...)
>
>   I guess it costs a pile of bucks to program a network message... (my old
>moto phone even has a built in ring just for that... which they never
>use...)

We got so fed up w/ Cingular we transferred all our numbers to another
provider.

The final straw was when they sent a letter "congratulating" us as
former AT&T Wireless users, that we would now receive all the benefits
due Cingular customers; rollover minutes, free calls between Cingular
users, etc...   In the meantime, our phones didn't know whether to
display "AT&T Wireless" or "Cingular" on the displays, so they went back
and forth, or displayed "T-Mobile" on the GSM units.

Then we got a bill with $700+ in mobile-to-mobile charges and no credit
for the prev month's unused minutes.  Called in and asked what
happened.  "Oh, you need new phones and a new contract for those to take
effect.  That doesn't work with AT&T phones."  I re-read what they had
sent previously - no mention of that.

No bother, it's just to easy to take the numbers elsewhere.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services