[BC] Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Wed Jul 13 19:51:20 CDT 2005

As late as 1966 or 1967, I remember playing commercials on ETs for beer,
movies, cigarettes, softdrinks, car companies, etc. that were not supposed
to be dubbed to cart.  It indicated that on the label.  I guess the ad
agencies felt there was a noticable loss of quality if carted.

Gary, K?CX

" That late? 1976. By 1964, or before, we were using Carts and reel-to-reel
tape. A few commercials and public service announcements came in on disc of
some kind.

Al

------ At 02:35 PM 07/13/2005 -0600, Mark Durenberger wrote: -------

>At WCCO we switched between two 16-inch RCA tone arms; one with the stereo
stylus and the other with a 3-mil mono stylus for playing the "ETs".  (Until
approx 1976, ALL commercials, promos, themes etc were cut on 33 1/3 acetate,
using a cold stylus.)