[BC] IBOC

Bill Harms wharms
Wed Jul 13 18:30:59 CDT 2005

I am not sure this is where should be going. I have seen the pros and cons of IBOC
in this list and elsewhere and remain firmly unconvinced. Furthermore, no one has
fully and thoughtfully answered the question I have had. I am not looking for a
canned off the cuff answers. The question is why can't a digital band be opened up
on another piece of spectrum and AM analog be left alone? The article I recently
posted noted that some of the analog TV band will be opened up for bidding. Why
nor use at least part of that spectrum for digital broadcasting?

Regards;
Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland