[BC] 16 RPM - was Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days

Gary Peterson kzerocx
Wed Jul 13 08:04:20 CDT 2005

When I was the tender age of 13, an old (probably in his 40s or 50s) ham
loaned me a code practice record that was recorded at 16 RPM.  The only
record player I had available had 78, 45 & 33-1/3.  At 33-1/3, the dits and
dahs really came fast.  High-pitched, too.  I think that helped me learn to
copy in my head, as I couldn't write that fast.  As a friend once told me,
"the dashes are the long ones."

Gary, K?CX

" Don't think I've ever seen a 16 RPM record.  Supposedly there were
"talking
books for the blind" released in that format, but I've never actually seen
one let alone any music disc.  Must have been a useful option...  :-/

SteveOrdinetz "