[BC] Horror story in the making?????? - COPY with NAMES

Larry Albert larry.albert
Wed Jul 13 07:19:38 CDT 2005

At 07:36 PM 7/12/05 -0600, you wrote:
>I found this ad posted on a radio job bulletin board.  The person who
>posted the job (not the station manager from what I learned on the station
>website), bragged about the year round recreation opportunities in this
>remote market.  My question after reading the ad is "When would a person
>have time to enjoy that recreation?".  Oh, and it's for 2 full power FM's.
>
>Dave Golterman
>First Step Productions
>111 East Railroad Avenue Suite 5
>Plentywood, MT 59254
>406-765-1002
>
>The ad in question:
>
>We need someone who can wear many hats. You will have an upbeat, family
>friendly personality to do a live and/or voice-tracked shift. You will
>write and voice top quality advertising and promo's using our state of the
>art audio production room (Adobe Audition). You may be called upon to do
>live remotes and promotions. You will have automation experience. Scott
>Studios experience is a definite plus. You will have the skills to do your
>daily shift and production, then work on our studios, transmitters, and
>translators. If you can do all of the above, and you live in the (REGION
>REMOVED) U.S. (since no relocation will be provided), send your resume,
>references, picture, and MP3 aircheck to:

Here is a copy of THE ad.

The names have not been changed to protect the innocent.

Some of you may want to remember this ad.

Whether it belongs on your follow-up or totally-avoid list is for you to
decide.

Albert

   On-Air Host/Production/Engineer          Date Posted:
06/20/05    Closing Date: 07/20/05

KMMT/KRHV seeks an experienced individual to join our great staff in this
wonderful resort community in the Eastern Sierra Nevada. Mammoth Lakes is
the home of the U.S. National Ski Team. We will be skiing/snowboarding here
until the 4th of July. We need someone who can wear many hats. You will
have an upbeat, family friendly personality to do a live and/or
voice-tracked shift. You will write and voice top quality advertising and
promo's using our state of the art audio production room (Adobe Audition).
You may be called upon to do live remotes and promotions. You will have
automation experience. Scott Studios experience is a definite plus. You
will have the skills to do your daily shift and production, then work on
our studios, transmitters, and translators. If you can do all of the above,
and you live in the Western U.S. (since no relocation will be provided),
send your resume, references, picture, and MP3 aircheck to:

kmmtradioworks at yahoo.com

With your technical experience, you shouldn't have to send a tape, but if
you must send it to: KMMT/KRHV P.O. Box 1284 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

Check out our website at: www.kmmtradio.com No calls or faxes please!

Contact Information:
Attn: Steve Attaway
Mammoth Mountain FM Assoc.