[BC] Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days

SteveOrdinetz hykker
Tue Jul 12 20:54:09 CDT 2005

  Phil Alexander wrote:

>OK, how about having to kill your mike to shift gears on an RCA TT when
>you'd been playing 45's and you were starting a new program using LP's
>when you came out of the news? <g> Yeah, I know, you were supposed to
>cue the LP BEFORE the news break, but when you forgot ....

First station I ever worked for had these big 16" Gates turntables with the
flip-lever to select 33 or 78.  You had to insert a bushing on the motor
shaft to get 45.  Lotsa luck doing a smooth speed changeover when you forgot...