[BC] Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Tue Jul 12 18:08:54 CDT 2005

you mean when it would go clang?  :  )  you had to put the needle down
because there was no time to cue and x ur fingers right?  kind of
embarrassing on the (hopefully rare) occasions when it would get to the
music before getting speed.

rob a.

From: "Phil Alexander" <dynotherm at earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [BC] Weirdo dials /was/ ABC Network in the wired days
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:01:21 -0500

On 12 Jul 2005 at 18:16, Rob Atkinson wrote:

 > Oh yeah in cars and portables no FM at all.  Forgot all about the little
CD
 > markers on the dials.
 >
 > How about the big old turntables that took 2.5 revolutions to get up to
 > speed?

OK, how about having to kill your mike to shift gears on an RCA TT when
you'd been playing 45's and you were starting a new program using LP's
when you came out of the news? <g> Yeah, I know, you were supposed to
cue the LP BEFORE the news break, but when you forgot ....

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037

http://www.radiolists.net/