[BC] A Change of Topic on Network News Feeds

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Tue Jul 12 13:06:35 CDT 2005

On 12 Jul 2005 at 7:17, Stanley Adams wrote:

> Just as a cot, do any of you buckeroo's or buckerette's remember when the
> networks went from the poor 8kc loops (at best) to better multiplexed audio
> even before satellites?  It seems to me to have happened about 1974-75 in
> our part of the country.  Suddenly the audio came alive on network feeds.

I thought it was earlier when two carrier channels could make one good
broadcast channel. Maybe mid-60's. I know AT&T was working to meet
the Bell VNL standard in those days. Fuzzy, fuzzy memories. <g>

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037