[BC] IBOC: More Information

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Mon Jul 11 17:43:14 CDT 2005

On 11 Jul 2005 at 14:04, Dave Schreyer wrote:

> I am a non-techie. But I am not totally ignorant on the basics of radio
> engineering.
> I have been away from it for many years.
>
> Could someone direct me to a website that offers some good information about
> IBOC?

These may help explain "the party line"

<www.ibiquity.com/technology/index.htm> (drill down to the white papers from the USADR days)
<www.nrscstandards.org/DAB/>
<www.nrscstandards.org/Standards/NRSC-5/NRSC-5.asp>

The is the index to the complete FCC docket with many comments, pro and con.

<http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6517994096>

For the contrarian position, check the archives of this and other lists for
the past three years looking for IBOC and IBAC.

Hope this helps. Come back and see us in a couple of years
after you dig through all of it. <ggg>

BTW, if that's not enough <g> you can get another view of digital
technology at the DRM site:  <www.drm.org>
They have a rather complete description of their technology there.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037