[BC] X-Band antennas

Neal Newman <groucho@skyweb.net> reader
Mon Jul 11 16:46:50 CDT 2005

I maintain several stations. One of them is  going under the following changes:
  short towers moving to shorter towers

OK Guys, give me some figures on this one. This makes me sick and I need to
know if I'm wrong for feeling this way

A station is presently duplexed on a series fed tower with a complete
ground plane with the following:

Power: 10 kW, Non-Directional
Tower Electrical Height: 110.7 Degrees; 54.87 meters
RMS Theoretical: 319.5 mV/meter (per kW) or 1010.35 mV/meter at 10 kW

Power: 1 kW, Non-Directional
Tower Electrical Height: 110.7 Degrees; 54.87 meters
RMS Theoretical: 319.5 mV/meter

The station is being moved over to its own tower, which is a 61 meter tower
as a unipole, and the ground plane is just short of a 1/4 wave closer to
1/8 wave with the Following specs.

Tell me what I think. I already know the station will not cover anywhere
like it used to.

Power: 10 kW, Non-Directional
Tower Electrical Height: 150.6 Degrees; 74.65 meters
RMS Theoretical: 282 mV/meter (per kW) or 891.76 mV/meter at 10 kW

Power: 1 kW, Non-Directional
Tower Electrical Height: 150.6 Degrees; 74.65 meters
RMS Theoretical: 282 mV/meter

I just cannot figure why they would want to move it to a unipole instead of
a new series fed
base insulated tower with a full size ground plane. So as I see it they are
going from 1010.35 mV/meter at 10 kW to 891.76 mV/meter at 10 kW  daytime
and 319.5 mV/meter  to 282 mV/meter  at night.

Either way the station will have a smaller coverage area and by how much.
Or am I wrong with this????