[BC] Can traditional AM and IBOC co-exist?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Mon Jul 11 10:33:43 CDT 2005

On 11 Jul 2005 at 9:18, DG02816 at aol.com wrote:

> That  would be an idea..........revvive the clears on the aviation  bands
> below 500 kHz, leaving 500 as the international distress freq. I remeber  seeing
> Vatican Radio on 526 and a couple of Germans on on 520 in years  past....

Didn't I read that 500 became obsolete as a distress channel when the last
Morse stations shut down? It probably remains in some old treaties, but I
don't believe you would get an answer today - I could be wrong though. :)

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037