[BC] FCC and Secret Service

Mike McCarthy Towers
Sun Jul 10 20:26:13 CDT 2005

Before 9/11, I got to know some SS guys and they shared with me some ranges
which they operate on in a needed to know basis.  We also "knew" which
channels they were using during the 1996 DNC, again on a need to know
basis.  Suffice to say, we had to tap dance around them as our VHF RPU
channels are surrounded by all kinds of federal users. The 450 RPU band is
no where near where the feds operate, especially the folks at the White House.

Given that this discussion could have national security concerns and is
public, it would be best if this thread was moved off the USSS.

MM