[BC] Re: All American Five

Harold Hallikainen harold
Sun Jul 10 11:57:02 CDT 2005

> The teacher said he didn't see me using the test equipment. I replied that
> I didn't need those, I used actual stations.

Back when I moved a Hallicrafters 450 MHz vacuum tube transceiver from the
commercial bands down into the ham band in my VW van, I aligned the
receiver by driving up to the repeater site and tuning for minimum noise.
I then headed down the hill and each time noise appeared, I'd stop and
peak up the tuning. Worked pretty well until the town flooded, putting my
van with the transceiver under water (and flooding the station studio I
was working at).

I got to clean up a Gates Yard board, a Sparta 8 channel board, a couple
TaeAThon reel to reel decks, and a Broadcast Products AR-2000 automation
system.

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com