[BC] All American Five

Ray Thomson rmthomson
Sun Jul 10 08:25:40 CDT 2005

"A 35-volt rectifier, 50-volt audio output, and 3 other tubes (converter,
IF, detector IIRC) with 12-volt filaments adding up to (hang on, I gotta
take off my socks for this one) -- 121 volts!  The interesting thing about
these sets was that one side of the AC cord went directly to the chassis.
And since this was in the days before polarized plugs were invented (and not
long after the discovery of fire) it was possible for them to be potentially
lethal. "  :

Same "brilliant"  technology used in Xmas tree lighting in them good ole
days?  When they died it added a whole new meaning to the Advertising slogan
:  " Which one has the Toni ? "

Always workin' with one foot in a bucket of water,

RT