[BC] Two-tower array designed for 990 running on 1030

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Sat Jul 9 03:03:53 CDT 2005

From: PeterH5322 at aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: [BC] Two-tower array designed for 990 running on 1030
[PeterH]

> >Washington was a small town prior to WW2 and is radioed
accordingly.

> Perhpas time to sell WTOP to Salem ... or to the Washington TImes.

Not about to happen.  WTOP is said to be the top-billing station in
the DC area.  I hear that's by a substantial margin.  But their costs
must also be the highest with all those transmitters and a large
staff - being fairly serious all-news.  Look at their web site:
http://www.wtopnews.com/  Serving DC, some of their money comes from
"issue" ads and defense contractors.

The are lots of question as to why Bonneville doesn't buy a real FM to
carry WTOP, but I guess nothing has come along at the right price.

Their DC-area FM-only is two rimshots on 1st adjacent channels  103.9
104.1