[BC] Regulation at the State/Local level

Mario Hieb, P.E." <mario@xmission.com reader
Sat Jul 9 02:23:37 CDT 2005

When I was the Radio Spectrum Manager for the 2002 Olympics, we had a
high-priced Washington law firm. I asked them about the legality of us, the
Olympic committee, regulating the spectrum in Utah for a two month period.

The answer came back was:

1. The Communications Act of 1934 gives sole authority of spectrum
regulation to the FCC.

2. The FCC can delegate this authority to anyone they wish.

We actually had written authorization in the form of a Public Notice.

My question is, does Florida have similar authorization from the FCC?

Mario