[BC] Gas Prices

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight
Fri Jul 8 21:13:30 CDT 2005

>$2.61 here (for premium).  they have jumped up in u.s. because the storms
>in the gulf of mex. are causing a reduction in refining production there.

2.71 in Eagle, CO today, for 91 octane.  Fortunately I was on my 'scoot, so
I only needed $4 worth!

Funny how gas prices didn't used to go up 20 cents a gallon every time there
was a storm, isn't it?

I don't buy any of the speculator's BS ... lots of people are making lots of
money in the futures markets every day, mostly because the same people who
are producing the product seem to be bidding it up... storms, low reserves,
blah blah ... it's what used to be called a rip off;  if government had
raised the cost through a new tax people would be crying ... the private
sector however, seems exempt from criticism in this country as long as
there's a storm in the Gulf.  No wonder these clowns like global warming!
:-)

.