[BC] Re: wRIST RADIOS

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri Jul 8 16:39:41 CDT 2005

In a message dated 7/8/2005 3:57:01 PM Central Standard Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

At least  in the comics 60 years ago they called it a "wrist
radio" if anyone  remembers Dick Tracy. <g>

Phil Alexander

Phil:

I rmember the Dick Tracy comics.   We we are about there in cell  phones. I
see people in airports with those wireless earpieces to the  telephone in a
holder on their belt about 1-1/2" by 2-1/2".

  I remember when Motorola came out with their two piece HT in the the  '60's
 and their advertising to police communications magazines was that  you could
have two way commications like Dick Tracy with only a earpiece and a  throat
mike.   Of course there was a belt around your chest with a  transmitter under
your right arm and a receiver under your left arm.

DAVE