[BC] Pirates...Aaarghh! / License or EXEMPTION Required !!!

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri Jul 8 07:43:03 CDT 2005

On 6 Jul 2005 at 12:19, Larry Albert wrote:

> License or Exemption is required!!
>
> Proper use of unlicensed device would be allowed under - "other applicable
> federal law or regulation"
>

> 877.27 Unauthorized transmissions to, or interference with, a public or
> commercial radio station licensed by the Federal Communications Commission
> prohibited; penalties.--
>
> (1) A person may not:
>
> (a) Make, or cause to be made, a radio transmission in this state unless
> the person obtains a license or an exemption from licensure from the
> Federal Communications Commission under 47 U.S.C. s. 301, or other
> applicable federal law or regulation; or

I could be wrong about this because I haven't taken the time to look it up
but ISTR that 47USC301 is the Act of '34 as amended etc. and that it
directs the FCC to make rules etc. If those rules EXEMPT someone from
need for a license for operating an RF device, for example a cell phone,
it would seem to me the Florida law would not apply to that operator.
If I'm wrong, there are millions of felonies committed every day in Florida
by persons using cell phones.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037