[BC] KOB - Was: WLW--when it was 500 kW

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Thu Jul 7 11:33:05 CDT 2005

>And didn't 1030 fit into this picture as well?  I seem to recall it was
>being reserved or possible use by KOB, pending that decision.

Yes, and while KOB was using 1030 on an STAed basis, WBZ was temporarily
reduced in class from Class I-A to Class I-B, domestically, but it was
retained as Class I-A, internationally.

Hubbard claimed operation of KOB on 1030 was "technically infeasible",
which makes about as much sense as the claim to 770.

Neither have a basis in technical or legal facts.

All for vanity.

WBZ was restored to Class I-A, domestically, after the more-or-less
permanent move of KOB to 770.

1030 was later placed on the Class II-A List, so its fate wasn't as good
as expected.

Small(er) town Class I-As completely escaped the Class II-A List, but
these couldn't escape the post-"Rio" decimation of the U.S. Class I-A
clears.

In a real sense, it was probably best to be a U.S. Class I-B, as with one
in the east and one in the midwest or west, the wholesale decimation of
those Class I-B channels couldn't occur.

Compare 880 to 1530.