[BC] Did David tap Goliath in the Head?

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Wed Jul 6 10:26:46 CDT 2005

It would also be interesting to know if IBOC receivers
have trouble recovering WBCT's digital signal due to
this increase in offset.

Taking HAAT into account, WBCT is grandfathered to
operate with roughly 12 dB more power than the current
Class B limit --  so if their IBOC carriers are down
30 dB, their digital coverage should slightly exceed
that of a "normal" B, unless the receiver chokes the
strong analog signal.

Clear Channel seems to have made a politically-correct
decision in this case.

Mark