[BC] Did David tap Goliath in the Head?

Tom Bosscher tom
Tue Jul 5 20:38:11 CDT 2005

    Anybody read the article in Barry's Radio Guide about WHMI, on 93.5,
verses concerned for IBOC interference from the 320 KW ERP WBCT on
93.7?  Well, today I was looking at the signals, and WBCT is running the
IBOC carriers 30 db down! I thought I was  reading the analyzer wrong,
but switching it to two other Grand Rapids area FM Iboc's show the
proper 20 db down. If I had a bizarre monitor antenna and or feedline
mismatch on the analyzer, the upper and lower sidebands would be very
different. But they were very symmetrical.

    Keep in mind that WBCT is a grandfathered class B, not a C. Is this
situation something that was negotiated? To my frame of mind, if WBCT
accepts this as the way it will be, it has set a huge precedent.

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    tom bosscher, snooper of the spectrum