[BC] A review of the Roadshow

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Tue Jul 5 22:51:24 CDT 2005

On 5 Jul 2005 at 22:16, Keith Hammond wrote:

>   Here, here! I've formed my opinion of Larry based on no personal bias
> at all (never met him but, I'd certainly like to) and, if given the
> chance, I'd attend his presentation simply because I think he's a
> wonderful person! In fact, I think the "review" has just made me more
> determined than ever to eventually attend the show...

He's quite a character. Either you will like the show he puts on or
you won't, but it seems that most do because they show up for that
SBE meeting and you won't see some of them again until Larry comes
back the next year. OTOH, if you are devoid of a sense of humor and
have no interest in the camaraderie that accompanies most SBE meetings,
then maybe home spending the evening reading the industry trades is
the place to be.

Larry does promote the SBE and the free, humorous and otherwise useless
Order of the Iron Test Pattern of which he is a self declared animated or
exalted or something or other pixel, but a little humor helps preserve
what little sanity there is in this business. <g>  I'll go see him, but
that's just me. <g>

>   That "review" also causes me to wonder: Why the personal attacks?
> Can't we all just get along?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)