[BC] Where old TVs go...

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Tue Jul 5 20:58:51 CDT 2005

David Reaves wrote:
> How dangerous could it be to break a TV tube? Even a full vaccuum is
> only minus one atmosphere (14Lb./sq. in.)

It depends on where you are in relation to the tube.  At least from the
horror stories I've heard, if you're unlucky enough to trip and fall down
while carrying a TV or monitor with the picture tube against your chest,
if the picture tube implodes, your guts will be sucked into it and
shredded by the breaking glass -- and that's the end of both the CRT and
the person carrying the CRT.