[BC] WLW--when it was 500 kW

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Tue Jul 5 16:47:09 CDT 2005

On 5 Jul 2005 at 13:51, John Vodenik wrote:

> Yes, I do remember something about a tower across Rt. 42, where Scott took
> the picture that is on his web site.  And they were building a shopping
> center when I was home last year.

OK, it's been several years since I've been down around Mason and my
geography was off. I had I-75 confused with I-71 and remembered the
towers of the farm from driving north on I-75 at night. I was thinking
it was a view from I-71.

Looking at Terraserver, on the topo map centered on 39.35166 N; 84.32854 W,
it shows a second WLW tower in a location where a building now stands
roughly 300 yds. west and 600 yds. south of the Blaw-Knox. Could this be
the tower in question that was used for the DA?

It looks like this was originally an eight or ten acre site along Redding
Road, which Google Maps shows as a field on the NE half with a building on
the SW half. This is almost directly south of the WLW transmitter building,
about 500 yards due south.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037