[BC] Satellite Radio

David Gleason david
Tue Jul 5 14:27:10 CDT 2005

But, outside of the capital expense, which is not part of a manager's
operating BCF budget, the additional cost of the HD operation, including
license, is minimal.

On the other hand, 60% of US radio stations bill less than the gross sales
of a single Pizza Hut.

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Mike McCarthy
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:16 PM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Satellite Radio

Tell that to a station owner who instead of simply installing a new TX
needs to move within a LARGE office building to larger space which can
handle the TX's, HVAC, and dummy loads needed.  Instead of it being a
$100K project, they start at $300K and quickly go up from there.

I do agree that relatively speaking, the largest of stations can
absorb the cost more seemlessly than smaller station.  Some stations,
the cost to install this gear will exceed the revenue for a year.

MM