[BC] Satellite Radio

Mike McCarthy mre
Tue Jul 5 13:30:50 CDT 2005

I guess going by that logic, then LA, SF/Oakland, Dallas/Ft.Worth,
etc. don't matter in your eyes.

In the eyes of the marketeers, it's the TSA of a market which
matters.  Not the core market city. If that were the case, Chicago
would be Market #2.

MM

> > Phoenix is not even a top 10 market (it's #15 as an MSA) and HD is
rolling
> > out first in the larger markets. The drive right now is to get
stations
> > going, then introduce receivers, a couple of dozen or so of which
are in the
> > pipelines to the channels.
>
> Dave,
>
> Its the 5th biggest city in the US. Its a consumer rich area. There
are NO
> IBAC radios. I would buy one if I could find one. You would think
there
> would be something out there other than a car radio that costs over
$500
> that you have to get through the internet. If I am spending that
money, I
> want to hear what I am buying.
>
> I would love to have a portable but reading this...

http://www.billboardradiomonitor.com/radiomonitor/news/business/digital
/arti
> cle_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000971155
>
> "Right now we could probably make a portable HD radio but it would
take a
> car battery to make it work."
>
> Makes me believe it will be a long time before IBAC makes it big.
Hope the