[BC] electronic shops

Tyler B. Callis tylercallis
Tue Jul 5 09:51:14 CDT 2005

That doesn't surprise me one bit if you are talking about components.  If
you want a pack of resistors to be sitting there on the shelf when you are
ready for them (as opposed to buying them when you don't need them so
they'll be in your toolbox when you want them), you have to pay the carrying
costs of stocking them.  Furthermore, you have to know that a 500% markup on
something that costs the vendor 50 cents or a dollar, and that the end users
almost never buy more than one or two at a time, is extremely reasonable.
Heck, in Texas, just having someone open the door to enter/exit the store
probably costs them $5 on their air conditioning!

Surely you know they don't get that kind of markup on finished items like
radios, telephones, computers etc.

Tyler Callis, CSRE
Beaumont, Texas