[BC] Where old TVs go...

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Jul 5 09:40:46 CDT 2005

In a message dated 07/05/2005 09:45:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cld at admin.umass.edu writes:

> When I was in high school we used an M80.
>  And filmed it.
>
>  Super-8. Ektachrome.

Ok, so the whole event occupied how many frames? 3 or 4? ;)

I lost count of who many picture tubes I imploded down in that gulley. It
contained the shrapnel rather effectively, so that's why I did it so often! The
fact that I lived in a 58 unit apartment bldg, and my Dad was the
Superintendent, meant I had unlimited & unrestricted access to the building's trash
compactor room. This was in the early 70's, and plenty of old TV's gt discarded along
the way!

The best part was hearing the echo of that "boom" coming back from the
neighborhood! To a 12 year-old... What fun!!

Willie...