[BC] What happened

Clive Warner clive
Mon Jul 4 18:52:02 CDT 2005

>I'm not that surprised at what happened to the owner.  after spending years
>watching the general manager of a small station barely getting by . .

- Guys, I know many of you are middle-aged, and it worries me when I see
comments like the above. This is really off-topic but I hope the boss will
indulge me . . .

Heart attacks are not caused by the stress of having a nightmare task.
They are caused by insufficient coronary artery capacity.
You might recall the phrase "Check Up or Check Out".

I thought I was fine except for that burning sensation when commencing to
walk up a hill or whatever. Then I had a minor problem, or so I thought, so
I got checked out. That 'minor' problem turned out to be two completely
plugged coronary arteries.
I was lucky; I had a bypass, and now I can climb masts if I care to.

Honestly, guys from their mid-40's onwards fall down dead every day of heart
attacks without ever realising they were at risk. So please, guys, take an
'effort test'. Check up or check out.
- Clive