[BC] RE: Sat Cruiser for SRN

Tom Taggart tpt
Sat Jul 2 18:53:21 CDT 2005

We used to use those things for the USA network. Still have two of them in
the back room (I think!), if you have any interest. Will sell cheap.

The Sat Cruiser doesn't provide quite enough current to run many LNB's.
We had an 18 volt supply we used to use to power a TEPCo booster receiver
through 1000 feet of coax. Had a hefty transformer in it.   We stuck this
in line and many of our problems disappeared.  Not all, we have an MCI
tower about a 1/4 mile away that is still very active, so TI was a problem
for us. Cure in our case was a different network.

I also noticed that the audio out of these boxes is very low in level,
needed almost 30 db of gain to drive the console.