[BC] WSJ on replacing Howard Stern

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Jul 1 20:19:32 CDT 2005

In a message dated 07/01/2005 7:34:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> You're vehemently critical of Howard Stern. How many of his shows have you
>  actually heard? If you're basing your judgement on religious leaders
>  opinions I wonder how many of his shows they've heard.

I'm sorry, Rich, but you may have misjudged me, here. I don't need to walk up
to, pick up, and sniff a dog turd to know what it is. I've not listened to a
whole show (couldn't stomach it) but suffice it to say, I HAVE heard enough to
positively identify it for myself as "dog turd". I don't need to do any more
sampling. ;)

Also, I tend to be more selective in my choices of reliable critics with
regards to movies, media, etc. I listen to the reviews of those who have actually
SEEN a flick or heard a program, etc. not just hyperbole. (Even tho I am
guilty of hyperbole from time-to-time.)

BTW, does Howard make random call-outs? A few months ago, someone claiming to
be him called my station. I figured it was a prank and responded accordingly.
He hung up! :) If it WAS him, it would have been MORE satisfying if I had
said "Yeah, right!" and hung up first! ;)

Willie...