[BC] Can anyone help?

Clive Warner clive
Fri Jul 1 18:41:27 CDT 2005

I just spent the whole afternoon trudging from one electronics store to
another. (There's a part of the city where they all congregate). You'd think
I was looking for something rare and precious, but all I was looking for was
a smoothing capacitor so I can fix my hifi amp.

It's an 'ERIE' can type, 1"5/8 diameter (4 cm) and 3" high.
3,300 uF at 100VW.

The physical size is important, I can't fit anything larger in size.
The working voltage of the circuit is 55V and so I need something of say,
75VW upwards.
Anything from say, 2,200uF should be OK.
Totally unobtainable in this town. . .

Clive.