[BC] WSJ on replacing Howard Stern

Fred Gleason fredg
Fri Jul 1 10:13:01 CDT 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 14:36, Rich Wood wrote:
> Howard is a very talented and intelligent man. So intelligent that he
> created this bad boy character and made it into a huge success. I believe
> Howard is bigger than Larry King ever was.

Hmm.  The few times I've tried listening to him, I've always moved on quickly.
Not so much because of the vulgarity (bad as that is), but because it's so
*boring* -- some of the most inane and repetitious drivel I've ever had to
sit through.

> I believe him to be a superb broadcaster. I think Infinity is going to have
> to go in a totally different direction. Replacing Howard with an imitation
> Howard just won't work.

Poor Infinity.  After watching for years while they've systematically polluted
the public airwaves and culture for the sake of monetary gain, I just can't
seem to summon much sympathy for them.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|  Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.   |
|  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.                      |
|                                         -- Benjamin Franklin            |