[AF] It's ALL posturing and spin

Jeff Johnson jeff at rfproof.com
Sat Jul 25 14:36:07 CDT 2009

It all comes down to how things turn out and who is making the
consideration. The best pithy comment I heard during the recent election
cycle was: "Jesus was a community organizer. Pontius Pilate was a governor."

I spent two days recently at the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB,
Dayton. There are examples of everything from a MIG 15, a B17, through a
B36, 'Bock's Car' the B29 that dropped the Fat Man on Nagasaki to the first
707 'Air Force One', SAM26000. Sam26000 took JFK to Dallas and RMN to Beijing.

It represents not only aeronautical history but political history. Among
our closest allies now are now Japan, Germany and, yes by common interest
if not politics, China.

All of those fabulous hunks of metal sitting there represent pride and
ambition. Some represent shame, and some represent glory depending how you
look at them and who is talking.

There was a large group of Japanese tourists walking past the Bock's Car
when I was there. What were they thinking? Glory or shame? ... and for who?

Jeff.Johnson at rfproof.com