[AF] USAF

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 01:52:43 CDT 2009

No idea
>what the second code was, because I was at Keesler and I was having a
>rather large time.
As I recall AC&W was 301X2, which was the only AFSC in the ladder
that I didn't wind up with.

In 1971 I joined the MI ANG as a full time technician and had to keep
cross training as we changed aircraft type and manning documents.

Here's the ladder:

301X0    Avionic Communications

301X1    Avionic Navigation

301X2    Air Control & Warning  (EC-121 Warning Stars)

301X3A Electronic Countermeasures (Passive)

301X3B Electronic Countermeasures (Active)  (301X3 A&B were later
consolidated into 301X3 Electronic Warfare covering both shredouts)

301X4    Inertial & Radar Navigation

There might have been a 301X5 (Sensors) but I'm kind of fuzzy on that memory.

Around 1972 all the 301XX AFSC's were converted to 328XX AFSC's.

Ron D