[AF] Ha!

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 13:38:21 CDT 2009

From: "Glen Kippel" <glen.kippel at gmail.com>

> I've long thought that we need a constitutional amendment providing
> for the
> repeal of one law for every new one enacted.  Better yet, make it
> two.

I didn't want to say that but I whole hartedly agree!

> And Ron wrote further:
>

>> The "assault weapons" ban sponsored by the Clinton administration
>> was
>> unlawful as the Militia Act states that members of the Unorganized
>> Militia must have a military grade firearm, but that act was
>> ignored
>> rather than enforced.
>>
> ----------------------
>

> Again, I agree.  And there are no such things as "assault weapons"
> except in
> the minds of some politicians.  There are assault rifles, so named
> because
> they were originally for an armed assault on a beach or enemy
> stronghold.
> Nowadays, they are typically selective-fire or full-auto.  "Assault
> weapons"
> may look similar, but only semi-auto (one shot per trigger-pull) are
> legal
> here.

Oh no, you've got it all wrong.  You can buy all the full auto assault
weapons you want from Texas gun dealers and smuggle them across the
Mexican boarder to the drug cartels.  If you don't believe me then
just ask Obama!

While you're at it please ignore all of the M-16's stolen from Mexican
armouries by the corrupt Mexican military and sold to cartels, which
just happen to be made in the USA and therefore a basis for the lies
about American gun dealers which goes uncorrected by the anti gun
mainstream media.

They also have more firepower than is typically needed for home
> defense.

If I'm going to shoot an intruder I want ALL of the firepower I can
get!  I don't shoot to kill, I shoot to live!  If someone is in my
house uninvited I assume he's not there to do me any good and is fair
game.  Also I don't want to be sued by him if he lives.

If I had the $$$, I'd get a Kel-Tec SUB-2000 in 9mm and a Mossberg
> 12-gauge with a bullpup stock.  Either would be preferable for
> close-quarters defense.  Handguns?  They fit better under one's
> pillow, but
> are more difficult to control.  Put a laser sight on it.

Practice, practice, practice!

I think for close in the good 'ol M1911A1 is a good choice because of
its knock down power.  It was developed to replace the machtie (sp?)
for hand to hand combat as a close in weapon.  Long range accuracy
wasn't really a consideration.  God Bless John Moses Browning!  With
9MM you have to double tap which is a waste of time and ammo.  The
Beretta M9 (92F) is a joke foisted on our military for NATO
compatibility.  When they first came out several had the slide depart
the frame in the direction of the operator which led to a
modification.  When my Guard unit got our first M9's I asked a fellow
armourer if he wanted to look at one and he said "No thanks, if I look
at it too hard it might break".

Ron D