[AF] Ha!

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Thu Jul 2 07:54:58 CDT 2009

>>I would suggest that it's rather difficult to determine if laws are in
compliance with the Constitution if one doesn't understand the meaning
of the latter; hence, the need for interpretation.<<

I would further suggest that, as much as some may feel this is not a good thing, constitutional interpretation must take place as society progresses.  Many (possibly most) of the situations now coming into the court systems did not exist when the Constitution was written.