[AF] Ha!

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 21:12:33 CDT 2009

I've always said we already have too many laws and they should remove
some of them instead of making more and more.  Right now I probably
unknowingly break one or two laws still on the books every day.  This
goes for both federal and state.  There's a law in Oregon that dishes
must drip dry and can't be dried with a dish towel, and then there's
the one about you can't eat ice cream on Sunday.

The "assault weapons" ban sponsored by the Clinton administration was
unlawful as the Militia Act states that members of the Unorganized
Militia must have a military grade firearm, but that act was ignored
rather than enforced.

Ron D

From: "Alan Kline" <akline at netins.net>

>I would suggest that it's rather difficult to determine if laws are
>in
> compliance with the Constitution if one doesn't understand the
> meaning
> of the latter; hence, the need for interpretation.

It shouldn't be THAT hard to interpret, after all it's not written in
Chinese!  I think SCOTUS and other higher courts usually try to read
in things that aren't there.  Along with the Constitution they should
read the Federalist Papers to see what the founders intended.  And
another thing, it was mostly written by common folk with few lawyers
involved.

Ron D