[BC] Rotary Fader Boards

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 30 19:03:44 CST 2010

> From: Tom Dimeo <am at pa321.net>
>
> Has anybody had any experience with the Henry SixMix?  Does
> it have more than just a "toy" feel to it?  Wonder why
> there's no output level control on the program output?

Tom,

Larry Bloomfield, before he passed away, tried to get me to buy one of those
Henry SixMix Consoles. I got to really looking at it, but from the looks of it,
in my personal opinion, it looks more like a "Remote Mixer", than a "Radio
Studio" Console.  I have never seen one in person, but from the looks of it,
it's quite small and its like having just a little Mackie or Behringer Mixer in
your Control/Studio Room.

In what I call the "old days" for me, the Console Manufactures built console
right, they were pretty, and looked like "Real Radio".  These days, they are
big, long in depth, and standing in front of one make me feel like I'm in a
recording studio, not a radio studio. The old Gates Consoles were cool, so were
BE, Autogram, Collins, etc. In small town stations, it felt like real radio. I
own a small 1 KW, Daytime station, in a small town, so that's what I really
like, a console that screams "Local Radio".

I don't think the Henry Six Mix fills the bill, in my opinion. Yes, it works
good from what I know about it, but Henry Engineering could have done a better
job in building a cabinet for that mixer, that would look nice in a small radio
station, that's just me.
 Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN