[BC] 802A

Mike McCarthy towers at mre.com
Tue Nov 30 16:19:43 CST 2010

> Let me know when you find a solution. I have an 802A with the same problem.
>
> Any chance that CEC willtell you the original vendor?
>
> Jeff Glass

The vendor who built the sub-assembly is long gone.  As noted, they didn't
provide CEC with a parts manifest.

Now, I did find the original Schadow F series DPDT switch is a direct fit
replacement for the two end non-ganged push/push or momentray switches.
The switches are all on a 15mm center to center spacing and 6mm lead
spacing. I had some left over gold switches from my PR&E and Auditronnics
days and they're now soldered in place.

C&K's push/push version is also sold by Digikey in gold for about $6/switch.

The open question at this point is the center group of 6 ganged switches.
It's not needed to operate, but it would be nice to have them working
again. I have C&K looking into a to either a new total assembly where all
10 switches are mounted in a single asssmbly with the center 6 ganged or
just the 6 center in a smaller simpler ganged system.

The latter system would be simpler since the single switches are still
readily available and it's THOSE which render the exciter inoperative when
they fail.

MM