[BC] Rotary Fader Boards

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Mon Nov 29 22:03:06 CST 2010

From: Scott Bailey <wmroradio at bellsouth.net>

>If you ever see a 6 Channel, Autogram, Rotary Fader Console for Sale, give me a shout. I can't find one anywhere. The 10 channel is too big for the countertop.

Hank Landsburg (Henry Engineering) used to make replacement plug in modules for the Autogram (Collins) boards. Properly installed, they made the board's audio path completely transformerless. At WLKW-FM Grady and I went one step further-we used the output sections of Straight Wire Audio UA2's (UA .5 out) as output amplifiers and we made up a set of DC coupled differential input amps for the automation pots (with servos-essential for use with step attenuators, lest you hear 'click, click, click' as you turned the faders up or down), BOY did that board sound sweet!

-D