[BC] Apple Store & Radio apps

Dave Golterman voiceoverpro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:58:42 CST 2010

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jim Barcus of Digital Jukebox's
letter to the industry regarding Apple's alleged banning of single
station radio apps for the iPhone & iPod in the Apple Store.

Jim's original letter to the editor of RadioWorld is here:

http://www.radioworld.com/article/109768

PRX Labs has posted several updates that seem to prove Mr. Barcus wrong:

http://labs.prx.org/2010/11/27/iphone-radio-apps-are-not-banned/

As a listener, I enjoy the multi-station apps which I have installed
on my iPod Touch.  But as a radio industry insider, I know the value
of single station apps.  That doesn't mean individual station apps
can't have value.  It's all about what you put into the development of
the app.  I've seen some apps which provide more than a stream.  As
has been said here many times...it's all about the content!

Dave

--
Dave Golterman
First Step Productions