[BC] 26 Mhz RPU/IFB

Al Wolfe awolfe at Route24.net
Sun Nov 28 17:02:42 CST 2010

    Just check eBay for GE Mastr II (Sometimes incorrectly called Master 2)
equipment. The model with "12" in the model number 8th and 9th place is for
25 to 30 Mhz. You can get up to 110 watts mobiles and 300 watts station if
you keep looking.

    The Mastr II series of equipment is all solid state other than the high
powered (greater than 110 watt) stations with a tube final. They enjoy a
great reputation with hams for repeater service which can be nearly
continuous key down hours at a time.

    They run forever when the 110 watt units are backed off to 50 to 70
watts out. Manuals are on the web.

    I have a "12" mobile I hope to get on ten meters FM sometime.

    The GE Exec II is nearly the same as a Mastr II but a little older.

    The common A99 CB base antenna will supposedly go down to 25 Mhz out of
the box but I haven't tried it. I do have one that tuned to 29.6 Mhz buy
cutting off 13 inches of the top.

    The common 108" whip is used when mounting without a base spring. With a
spring 102" is used. Probably a 108" whip with a spring would get pretty
close to 26 Mhz. Of course most of the CB mobile antennas are loaded and
much shorter than nine feet.

    Seems like there may have been a Motorola Micor that went to 25 Mhz but
I've never seen one. I've moved some down to 29 Mhz but never 26.

Al, retired, mostly
AKA K9SI