[BC] Cart machines - and others

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sun Nov 28 16:39:56 CST 2010

> Engineering purgatory for me was when that time announce cart machine like
> the one in the pic would skip cues.  I learned to hate Bob Kinsley's voice
> by repairing the cue detector, then having to "set the time" (cue past) on
> both the odd and even sides of the deck...I'm spoiled now,
> comparatively...
>
> Henry Royse, President
> Royse Radio, Inc.
> WCLU AM FM
> Glasgow, KY

One of the products I designed way back was the TAX161 time announcer. It
controlled two cart machines for even and odd minutes. If the time was
requested twice in a minute, the start pulse would be looped back to the
EOM input instead of starting the cart again, which would put it out of
sync. There were individual enable buttons for the even and odd carts. You
could run the system with just one cart machine (with, say, even minutes)
by leaving the odd minutes disabled. If the time was requested during an
odd minute, the start would be sent back as an EOM skipping that
announcement. Result was the time would be announced half as often.

http://louise.hallikainen.org/BroadcastHistory/index.php/HallikainenAndFriends

Harold

--
opportunities available!