[BC] sports audio feed

dpuopolo at usa.net dpuopolo at usa.net
Sun Nov 28 14:41:23 CST 2010

From: Broadcast List USER <Broadcast at fetrow.org>

>The equipment is NOT hard to find, even at surplus.
>
>A LOT of 300 Watt base stations are now available since many low band
>paging companies have gone under.
>
>I have never thought of using those transmitters for RPU, but for IFB,
>very cool, and not something that doesn't go where needed.
>--chip

Comrex makes little belt pack/pocket sized headset receivers for this band.
They also make small low power transmitters. The 25 meg RPU band is commonly
used for local IFB by TV remote trucks. Some used to use their PRO subchannels
for IFB to the truck. If you have an FM, you could use an SCA for IFB to your
vehicle and then a Comrex system from the vehicle to the event. This could be
a portable package with a couple of mag mount antannas.

-D