[BC] Cart machines

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 28 13:40:56 CST 2010

Alex,

Good gracious alive, why do those teachers want to teach them youngins old
school stuff when nobody has any use for it anymore. Here in Tennessee, I don't
know of any small AM Rural stations that even use cart machines or reel to
reel.  The only thing "Retro" I have is my BE Mono Console, but I have two
speakers on the wall from the monitor amp.  I use a Sampson Amp before the audio
gets to the speakers.  I started in radio with that old type console, and I've
owned slide fader consoles, and I have a slide fader mixer in my home studio,
but I'm one of those guys that just can't let go of a rotary fader console.
That's my weakness. I was very happy in the late 90's to dump cart machines,
reels, due to they were so much trouble!  My BE is just a 5 channel console and
it's cool!

Besides like Tom O. says, your the audio may enter your ears in stereo, but your
brain mixes it into mono anyway!
 Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN