[BC] AM Stereo

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 01:37:47 CST 2010

I agree that there were some decent AM radios made for a short time. But Delco went through a major restructuring IIRC, and any improvements were lost. I also seem to remember that Chrysler's radio line had improved AM radios for a while. The demise of AM Stereo probably caused the receiver makers to discontinue the wide bandwidth mode, although AM Stereo is NOT required for that. They could have made it an option, with a switch so the listeners could choose.

Audio quality is one of the reasons (not the only reason, by a long shot) that I'm still hoping for the migration of the AM stations to a new FM band, digital or not.

--
Jerry Mathis